Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Circuit rides and children to come

Its a boy! How extremely exciting, and I am all the more humbled that God has blessed us with being parents. Our son is expected around the 8th of April, and we couldn't be more tickled about the addition.
Life changes, but the callings and pursuit of an omnipotent God do not. I do not know, nor can I imagine what this blessing will bring to our lives, but I am all the more confident that Lael and I must continue forward with our labor. Everyday is for the glory of God, and we long to be filled with love, and knowledge of Him. That our lives would be fruitful in righteousness and discernment; that we would be blameless and pure on the day of Christ .
I just got back from a 17 day ministry trip called "Jehu's Ride" where the Justice House of Prayer team and I traveled the state of California, preaching, praying, and worshiping everywhere that we could. What an amazing time we had on the trip. We saw break thru in lives, new relations started, old relations strengthened, and saw the Lord exalted. I am stirred with this trip because it reminds me of the circuit rides of John Wesley where he would travel by horse back and preach the gospel from town to town. This was in the days of the Great Awakenings and the revivals of that era. I really feel that the Lord is going to breathe on this, and many more doors will open for us to travel and preach. Lately I had felt so discouraged by the route that the church of America is in route of with her passivity, apathy, soft living, and compromise. But this trip stirred my heart that she, can awaken to Holiness, Righteousness, and posture again to pray and be counted among the faithful. That the cry of the bride would be "Come Lord!"
What's wild and wily is that the church is so immersed in this post modern, humanist, and secularized state that they didn't realize they could be pure, spotless, holy, and righteous! Ha! We need a reformation to the way we think, we need a revival of religion again!
With all hope and longings in Christ,
the Gielow's

No comments:

Post a Comment