Friday, February 20, 2009

Watchmen on the Wall

So tonight my wife and I went on our first date night since the cold month of December; yes, this night was much needed. We started the night off with a trip to the local restaurant (which was graciously payed for by one of our high school students), to be followed by a nice walk through the various stores of the outlet mall nearby.
Well, walking into the restaurant, I suppose most would not be surprised by seeing the average Friday night crowd, carrying martini's, laughing, and enjoying the merriment of ones company. My thoughts were not on date night as I entered the building. I looked around and could only wander what could be done to shake this place from the delusion and drunkenness. "Eat and drink, for tomorrow we die" is the cry of this generation. Like a kamikaze pilot, they will go down with the ship of pleasure. Unfortunately I did not sacrifice my date night to call all to repentance. But my heart is torn between delighting in an evening with my wife, and a cry that is this, " Generation, wake up! Serve the Lord! He is God and worthy to be worshiped. " God, I do not want to be afraid. I do not want to fear imprisonment, or persecution. This world is dying and I sit back and enjoy fleeting moments of pleasure and luxury.
There is a reason we are not to give wine to our nazarites. They do not need the intoxication's of this life. His head and heart must be uncluttered, and sober to hear the clear word of the Lord. He is a bondservant, and is waiting on the wall, and watching. He is prophesying and declaring the return of the king.


Soli Deo Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment